2016 Big Easy, Big Heart
5K & Fest Experience
Benefiting the new orleans missioN
IN ITS FIGHT TO RESCUE SEXUALLY, PHYSICALLY, AND
EMOTIONALLY ABUSED WOMEN
Saturday, april 30, 2016, 8:30 AM
Online Registration is NOW CLOSED
You can still register tomorrow at NOTC’s Office from 10am-5pm or at Hard Rock Cafe on race day
The race will start and finish near the Hard Rock Cafe at 125 Bourbon St in the French Quarter.
The course starts on Canal St, runs through the French Quarter and the Faubourg Marigny, and finishes on Bourbon St. After party at the Hard Rock Cafe!
DATE AND TIME
Saturday, April 30, 2016
7:30 AM – Race-day registration and packet pick-up opens
8:30 AM – Start of 5K
9:30 AM – Start of “Fest Experience” 1 Mile
10:30 AM – Awards presentations
Awards will be distributed shortly after the race. There is no duplication of awards – Overall, Youth, Master, Grandmaster, and Senior award winners are not eligible for age group awards.
- 1st Overall Male and Female
- 1st Youth Male and Female (15-Under)
- 1st Master Male and Female (40-Over)
- 1st Grandmaster Male and Female (50-Over)
- 1st Senior Male and Female (60-Over)
- 1st and 2nd Male and Female in age groups 15 and under, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, and 80 and over
- 1st Racewalker Male and Female
It is the responsibility of athletes that finish in the awards to note any necessary corrections on race day. If an error is discovered post-race we’ll be happy to correct your results and update the website accordingly. However, if you do not inform us of this issue before your award is given out we will no longer have an award to give to you and we can’t remake awards.
TIMING AND SCORING
The races will be electronically timed and scored. You must wear your race bib and D-tag properly to be scored. Your race bib must be worn on the front of your torso and be visible at the finish line. Your D-tag must be worn properly on one of your shoes. See Chronotrack D-Tag Instructions for details.
Preliminary results will be posted at the race site at the conclusion of the race. Full results will be published on the NOTC web site after the race.
To be announced.
- $20.00 – Registered thru February 17
- $25.00 – Registered February 18 thru March 9
- $30.00 – Registered March 10 thru April 13
- $35.00 – Registered April 14 thru April 25
- $40.00 – Race day registration
- $25.00 – Registered thru February 17
- $30.00 – Registered February 18 thru March 9
- $35.00 – Registered March 10 thru April 13
- $40.00 – Registered April 14 thru April 25
- $40.00 – Race day registration
- $15.00 – Registered thru April 25
- $20.00 – Race day registration
- $50.00 – Registered thru April 25
- No late or race day registration
Family registration is available to NOTC member families registered thru April 25 only and includes registration for two adults and other family members age 20 and under living in the same household. Separate entry forms are required for each family member.
Entry fees are non-refundable. Sorry, no exceptions.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW REGISTRATION OPTIONS
Early packet pickup details to be announced.
Race-day packet pickup will start at 7:30 AM at the race site.
For your safety and the safety of others the NOTC and the RRCA discourage the use of headphones during the running or walking of the event.
Please consider being a volunteer. Volunteers receive a T-shirt and refreshments from our sponsors as well as the satisfaction of assisting the NOTC in fulfilling its mission to promote running and fitness in the community. Sign up on our website or call 504-304-2326.
The Big Easy, Big Heart 5K is produced by the New Orleans Track Club, a not-for-profit organization and a member of the Road Runners Club of America and USA Track & Field. For more information contact the NOTC via email at notc@runNOTC.org or phone 504-304-2326.